Hajj 2027 Applications Now Start August 18, Ministry Says

Pakistan Hajj Policy 2027-2030 Approved

The Ministry of Religious Affairs has changed the start date for receiving Hajj 2027 applications, moving the process to August 18 instead of the previously announced August 17.

According to ministry sources, applications and payments will be accepted through Habib Bank branches on a first-come, first-served basis, with the government set to stop accepting applications once the allocated quota is filled.

Pakistan’s 2027 Hajj Quota Breakdown

Pakistan’s total Hajj quota for 2027 has been set at 179,210 pilgrims. Of this, 107,526 seats — or 60 percent — have been reserved for the government Hajj scheme, while the remaining 71,684 seats, or 40 percent, have been allocated to the private scheme.

Payment Structure: Two Equal Instalments

Sources said Hajj expenses will be collected in two equal instalments, with applicants required to pay half the total amount at the time of submitting their applications.

POC Holders Included in Quota for the First Time

The ministry has also confirmed that Pakistan Origin Card (POC) holders will be included in the Hajj quota for the first time in 2027. Under the new arrangement, 1 percent of the total quota — 1,792 seats — will be reserved specifically for Pakistani-origin POC holders.

These applicants will be permitted to apply through either the government or private schemes, subject to Saudi visa requirements and the absence of any legal or administrative restrictions that might affect their eligibility.

Full Terms Expected Soon

The Ministry of Religious Affairs is expected to publish detailed terms and conditions for the application process on its official website in the coming days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *