The federal government has decided not to allow the PTI to participate in the long march and will make every effort to prevent it.
The decision was made at a federal cabinet meeting in Islamabad on Tuesday, presided over by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
Following the federal cabinet meeting, a group of ministers led by Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah and Adviser to the Prime Minister on Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit Baltistan Qamar Zaman Kaira briefed the media on the reasons why the government refused to allow the PTI to hold this march.
According to Rana Sanaullah, the PTI-wallahs have stated that this will be a “bloody march,” and that the government will not allow anyone to lay siege to the federal capital.
“First they raised the issue of a foreign conspiracy, then the assassination plot, and now they are attempting to spread anarchy in the guise of the long march,” Rana Sana explained.
“They said this march would be bloody,” the interior minister added. They had already raised the slogan of civil disobedience and attacked institutions.”
“They will be stopped because they wanted to attack the Federation from one province,” he said. All of their “braves” have gathered in Peshawar, and I warn them to be careful.”